Thank you to Zappos for sponsoring this post.
By some course of a miracle, I managed to make it back from Italy without gaining weight. I don’t actually weigh myself, but I can tell in my clothes and face.
To be fair, I was trying to be a little conscious about not gaining weight while on vacation.Right before I left, I picked up a bridesmaid dress that would JUST barely zip. It was close enough that my boyfriend thought he would rip it if he tried. But it fit when I got back! However, I didn’t deprive myself ONCE. I ate pasta, pizza, gelato, and of course, had some really amazing wine. So how did I do this? Keep reading for my five tips.
- Walk everywhere! Take the stairs, book dinner reservations for far away so you’re forced to walk
- Eat your “heavy carby meal” at lunch. I pretty much woke up knowing what I wanted to eat every day at lunch. I switched back and forth between pasta and pizza. And even had to get a burger one day. For dinner, I tried to stay just a little lighter. I had fish, steak tartar or veal some nights but I still ate dessert every night after dinner.
- Pack Lactaid. Ever since finishing my first Whole30, I haven’t been able to eat dairy. Which is one of the hardest things for me to give up. I love it so much, but it makes me SO SO sick. I know it’s better off if I don’t have it, so about a month before our trip, I completely cut it out again. I knew there was no chance of getting out of Italy without eating dairy, so I decided to try Lactaid instead of feeling sick every day.
- Monitor your fitness tracker. You guys know I get a little crazy about certain things. MyFitbit is one of them ESPECIALLY while on vacation. My poor mother gave me the funniest look after I would announce how many steps left we had to go a certain day. We never went under 10k, some days we would even hit 15. Keeping track of it like that prevented me from laying around too much, or sitting still too long while trying to get a blog post up.
- Buy a Miraclesuit. Ladies, meet The Temptress. This suit is by Miraclesuit, a brand that claims to make you look like you lost ten pounds in ten seconds — I must say, I can’t disagree.This one-piece comes in a few different prints and patterns. Each one has a sweetheart neckline, scooped back, and a built-in shelf bra with molded cups for extra support. They don’t call it Miraclesuit for nothin!