With three trips to Europe under my belt this year, I think it’s safe to say I’ve mastered the art of jet lag — at least on the way to Europe! Today, I wanted to share all of the tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way to try to ease the brutal pain of jet lag.
Shop This Post:
How to Avoid Jet Lag:
- Set your watch to the time zone you are traveling to. This is key — but also the hardest part. So, I had a 2PM flight out of San Francisco. I planned a few days ahead to start waking up a little bit earlier. When I got to the airport, I set my clock to Croatia time, which meant I took off at 11 PM. Do whatever you have to do to be able to fall asleep right when you get on the plane. Edible, Xanax, Ambien, Unisom, Benadryl… pick your poison, just don’t drink. It will dehydrate you even more, and mess with your internal clock.
- Give your skin extra love. This means your skin, your body, everything. I like to pack travel size versions of my skin care, that way your skin stays on routine and won’t get dried out from the nasty airplane air. Use code “TWOPEAS” for 20% off your order at Tula!
- Shower and then leave your hotel. Do not lay down. I repeat, do not lay down. I have learned my lesson with this one. I love to take a quick shower, and head out to explore the town and grab a quick bite to eat. Staying awake is so hard, but totally worth it the next day.
- Hydrate. I normally don’t buy into these gimmicky things, but I swear these anti jet lag tablets work! I always bring my own water bottle and fill it right before I board the plane. I don’t like having to stay awake to wait for someone to pass by with water, or having to deal with holding the cups, so I find this is the easiest way to stay hydrated. BKR is my favorite.
- Read books instead of watching movies. If you’re struggling to fall asleep on the plane, or at your hotel when you get there, the harsh light of your device can make everything worse. I read four books on my last trip, and loved them all!
For your chance to win a piece of amazing Hartmann luggage, head over to this Instagram post for all the details on how to enter. I took this exact bag with me on my trip and it was seriously amazing, 9 pounds overweight, but amazing, lol.
I am sooooo excited to share the first piece of video from our trip. There is MUCH more where this came from — stay tuned for so many more including some epic drone footage of “Europe’s Most Beautiful Beach!” Video by Alvin Holden.