Shop This Post:
(Shop the full jacket > here)
Happy 2017 Everyone!
Even though it’s only been 3 weeks since my last Pregnancy/Life update – I feel like SO much has happened. Christmas, Hanukkah, family time, New Years – I’m really going to try to cover it all in this post. I promise. 🙂
2017 started, for me, on an interesting note… to say the very least. We went to a friend’s house for a small New Years get-together and everything was going great. The kids were all playing, all of us girls were getting to catch up, the boys were drinking endless cocktails… It was lovely. But then…I ended up getting sick. Like projectile vomit sick – and we had to leave at 6:30pm. <<< A total bummer, and not the way anyone wants to start their New Year.
Despite that, I’m feeling much better now, and 2017 has already been absolutely amazing. To start the year off right, we had a restful and relaxing weekend at home as a family. And we nested. HARD.
So that last post where I was talking about the carseat being in the garage, the bassinet being in the storage unit, and me feeling TOTALLY unprepared for this baby – yeah, it 100% got my a$$ in gear, and we got SO much done this past weekend. I’m feeling much, much better about everything now, and for that I am incredibly thankful.
What’s more, I had Monday off work, and I used it as a special day for just William and I. Even though he should have been in school, I kept him home, and it was SO nice to have some true quality time together – just us two – before the baby comes. I know I told you in my last post, but I already worry and feel immense guilt that I’m not going to have as much time for him once the baby comes. So – this little day at home – first of all, totally eased some of my guilt, and it also made me realize that although things are going to change – it’s going to be ok – and we will still have our special days together, even when his brother arrives.
Ok – now that the life update is done… onto the BumpDate!!!
Pregnancy Update: 34 Weeks
How many weeks: 34 weeks
Our baby is the size of: A cantaloupe – although it looks like the size of a watermelon. Baby is measuring about 5 pounds.
Names: Thomas, Grant, David, James – we really just like classic and simple names.
Pounds Gained: 28-30? So that would put me at about 35lbs total by the end of my pregnancy. Given the holidays and the stress of this pregnancy… I’m good with that.
What I’m Wearing: So I’m going to be SUPER honest here… I absolutely loathe getting ready in the morning right now… I hate clothes… and I feel extremely uncomfortable 99% of the time.
It just is what it is. <<< And I HATE that saying.
But there’s really no other way to describe it. I get out of breath putting my pants on, every shirt is turning into a crop top, and socks… oh lord ladies… let’s not even talk about putting socks on. <<< EFF THAT.
But… I DO try to keep things in perspective by reminding myself how lucky I am that he’s still in there cooking and that I can hopefully keep him 100% safe for 6 more weeks. I also try to remind myself that we are lucky to have this time together – still – as a family of 4 (including Henry) and that I need to be patient.
Dresses I’ve Ordered Recently:
My “Sprinkle” (it’s like a baby shower – lite) is coming up in a week or so here, and I have no idea what I’m going to wear. I ordered a bunch of things online (many of which are above) and I’ll keep you updated on what I actually decide to wear!
My Favorite Outfit:
I’ve been loving the all grey/black color palette lately. It’s extremely modern, flattering, and I can mix and match all of these pieces easily.
Things I forgot:
- I forgot how crazy the nesting can become. This past weekend, I HAD to go to the storage unit and get everything ready for the baby. I HAD to clean the bassinet. I HAD to wash and fold a million newborn and 0-3mo onesies. I HAD to order everything we needed on Amazon Prime. And last but not least – I HAD to clean the whole laundry room. The nesting literally just takes over and there’s nothing you can do.
- I forgot about the baby hiccups. William had the hiccups 2-3 times a day when I was pregnant with him… and this baby is no different… but it just started. It’s THE most funny feeling.
- I also forgot about the jarring rib kicks. I mean – I didn’t forget about them – they just were’t happening AS frequently as they are now.
- I forgot that when you get to this point in pregnancy – everyone 100% knows you’re pregnant – and they’re SOOO nice to you. I’m talking about people holding doors, women offering me their spot in line at the grocery store, and just generally kind words from every direction. Yesterday when I took William to Target, a complete stranger told me how beautiful I looked, how she could tell I was a wonderful mom, and how lucky William was to be getting a sibling. <<< I mean it doesn’t get better than that.
Cravings: Chocolate everything – Ashley got me these amazing truffles for Christmas, and it’s literally taking everything I have not to eat them all in one sitting.
Favorite products: My dry shampoo!!! I also don’t know if it’s just that I live in Nevada, or what, but my skin is SO dry lately… so I’ve been using a mixture of like 5 different moisturizers and lotions, but this one here is my favorite right now. I’ve also been loving this hand soap – it has an exfoliant in it and it makes washing your hands (which you do A LOT when you’re pregnant or have a newborn) feel and smell like you’re having a luxurious spa treatment. I am also loving these cups with straws because they’re making it easier to get the water that I need!
Sleeping: Sleeping is going totally fine – but I am getting up AT LEAST three times a night to pee now. So that’s fun. The fact that I have to walk across the house to get to a bathroom isn’t ideal either… but the remodel will be worth it. I’ll be sharing our closet instal later today on insta-stories… stay tuned. Also – as far as sleepwear is concerned… my favorites right now are below. FYI – most pants – unless they’re of the larger variety are out at this point.
Rings: Still on!
Feelings: I don’t know if it’s the fact that the holidays are finally over… or that the bassinet is finally out of the storage unit… or that the remodel is finally in full swing… but… I’m finally feeling like everything is going to get done, and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
On a totally different note, I’m also feeling very close to my husband lately <<< I know that’s a weird thing to say, as you should always feel close to your spouse, but I guess I am feeling especially close to him lately, and that is a great feeling as we get ready to welcome our second child. I feel like we’re on the same page about all things in life, he’s constantly making sure that I’m doing alright, and I feel like we’re really ready for this.
- William is finally being super cute about the baby and I absolutely love it. He’ll put his hand on my belly and say “Hiiiiiiii BEYBAY.” Sometimes he’ll say “Beybey Brudder”… and the best… he walked up while I was in the shower yesterday and said “OOOOO OOOO BEEYYYBEYYYY!!!” I was half mortified… half swooning. It was amazing.
- Ahh – so this is a good one – but it’s nothing baby related. It’s more kid related… but I feel like I have to share it. So… here we go. Last Christmas was great because William didn’t really care about anything. He was 8 months old – and barely knew what a toy was. So this year, we were SO excited to finally have a real Christmas. So being the great parents that we are… we thought we totally nailed it. We got every Paw Patrol gift there was. But… what they don’t tell you — is 1.) Your kid will hate anything that comes with the store packaging on it – 2.) Full assembly the night before is key. 3.) If you don’t assemble the night before.. there is a reason your dad/grandpa always had a swiss army knife and a screwdriver around on Christmas. And… 5.) Even though you haven’t needed batteries in like 15 years – on Christmas with a toddler – you will now need ALL the batteries. <<< So there is the motherly wisdom I learned on Christmas this year. XooX