Thank you so much to Zappos for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
As I’m sure many of you know, my life has been all over the place lately! From being in New York for an entire week to getting sick immediately upon my return, it’s been a little hectic around here. But with the wedding coming up, plus more travel, it was important I got back into my routine quickly! Keep reading for some tips and tricks on how to get back into routine that work for me.
Shop my Look:
How to Get Back in Routine:
- Book Your Workouts. This one is huge for me. Book a class for the day after you get back so you force yourself to go! I know the day after a trip, I usually am feeling extra lazy and wanting to catch up on things. But if you book it ahead of time, and make yourself go – that hour for yourself can make all the difference in getting back to routine quickly.
- Order Groceries. I am always so tempted to order takeout right when I get back for a trip. This time around, I had pre-ordered Instacart so I had all my food ready for me when I got home.
- Lay out your Workout Clothes. If you lay out your clothes the night before, it takes some stress out of getting to the gym in the morning. Lately, I have been reaching for this sports bra by Brooks. A question I get a lot is what my favorite sports bra is — and my answer is always the same. I don’t have one. I haven’t found one that I truly loved, and just wear random ones. But this zip front one has made such a difference! The extra support is great and it’s comfortable, too! Plus, it doesn’t break the bank like so many other ones do!
- Stay Hydrated. We were so good about this in New York! We drank our DripDrop every single morning and night. And since I’ve been sick, I have been drinking even more of it!
- Unpack ASAP. This one is hard. But the sooner this is done, the faster you can get back to your usual routine. You guys cracked me up when I shared Joe’s still packed suitcase a week after we got back from Hawaii! It seems like I’m not the only one whose significant other does this!