*** Thank you to Walmart for partnering on this post ***
It is no secret around here – we are HUGE football people. Ashley is the biggest 49er fan in the whole wide world, and Emily just really likes to entertain and spend time with family and friends. The best part about football is that there’s something for everyone. Are we right????
Enter this healthy spinach artichoke dip! It brings Ashley’s love of the game and Emily’s love of entertaining together. So whether you’re more like Ashley and you’re a die hard football fan… or you’re more like Emily and you’re there for the company – this Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip is guaranteed to please. The best part is that you throw it in the crock pot, let it cook for two hours, and you don’t have to think about it again. Those are the best kind of recipes. It literally takes 10 minutes to assemble – so it’s a no fuss recipe. AND it is absolutely delicious!
Shop Our Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip Necessities:
Shop Our Game Day Essentials:
No matter what kind of fan you are… there is nothing more important than preparing for the big game. If you are hosting, be it at your house or at a tailgate, the last thing you want to do is have to run to the store during halftime because you forgot an ingredient or ran out of something. Thanks to our friends at Wamart we are always prepared for the big day.
Ashley has always been a little bit crazy about her game-day rituals. For example, she will never take a fan of the other team with her to the game. She will never watch the game anywhere but her house or at the stadium. And there are only a few people she will let come over and watch with her – no distractions. Emily has always made the cut – duh. We have been going to 49er games together since the Candlestick Days and were together for Ashley’s wedding at Levi’s Stadium this past April.
So now that Ashley is in Reno, Emily knew that she would have to pull out all the stops if Ashley was going to watch the game at her house. So she whipped up this amazing Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip – The Hillstone Dupe. Hillstone is Ashley’s favorite restaurant in San Francisco, and she gets the spinach artichoke dip EVERY TIME she goes there. Thankfully, making this Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip is a breeze. All Emily had to do was substitute a few healthier items to her normal recipe.
Thankfully – Walmart helped her pull off all her game day entertaining for less. It’s a one-stop-shop for every single item you need for game day. Servingware? Check. Party decor? Check. Every item you need to make the best game day appetizers? Check. Gameday apparel? Check. MASSIVE TUB OF CHEESE BALLS?!??! CHECK!!!
Thank you to Walmart for making sure we never miss one second of the game by ensuring we are ALWAYS prepared. And let’s go Niners!!!
Serving Pieces We Love:
Emily’s Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip – The Hillstone Dupe:
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen spinach – thawed and drained well (be sure you squeeze all the water out of your spinach – I just do this with my hands
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4oz reduced fat Neufchâtel cream cheese (this is 1/3 the fat of regular cream cheese)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup jack cheese
- 1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo (you can omit if you are not into vegan mayo – just add another 1/2 cup greek yogurt)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flake
- Sliced vegetables to dip- we used carrots, celery, and peppers
- Sliced bread or crackers for those not into being SUPER healthy
- Place all the ingredients in a crock pot – cook on high for 1.5 hours stirring occasionally.
- Set to low
- Cook for another hour stirring occasionally
- Top with fresh parmesan
- Serve with sliced veggies, sliced baguette, or crackers.
*** This serving tray converts from a cake stand to a chips and dip platter, and it is just $21!!!! ***