While I don’t necessarily believe in resolutions, I wanted to make some kind of list for 2018. This list was inspired by the life-changing helicopter ride I took in Chicago with Chicago Helicopter Experience. I hate the idea of cutting things out for New Year’s — those things never last. But what I do believe in is adding a list of bad ass things you hope to accomplish in the year. Keep reading for my 2018 bucket list!
I have been meaning to share these photos for some time, but as you know, the holidays creep up on you fast and all of a sudden it’s the end of December. Back in October, my girls and I took an epic trip to Chicago. This was all capped off with one of the most exhilarating (and a little bit terrifying) things I’ve ever done. I have always dreamed of going in a helicopter and I knew Chicago was the perfect place to do it. It’s one of the most gorgeous cities in the world, and the view from the sky was epic. The entire team at Chicago Helicopter Experience made this one of the greatest things I have ever done.
They all eased my anxiety with some jokes, and their knowledgeable staff quelled my fears. We decided to ride with the doors off, so Shannon could get the best shots. Thank god I brought her with me, because once we got up there I kind of froze. I could barely take an iPhone pic (because I was wearing one glove and afraid I would drop my phone). The views were UNREAL. If you are headed to Chicago anytime soon, make this your priority.
This is going to sound so cliche, but the whole experience really made me think about my life. I don’t want to look back on my life and wish I had done certain things. So this year, instead of giving up carbs, or diet soda, or whatever it is…. I hope to accomplish the following things.
My 2018 Bucket List:
- Attend Paris & Milan fashion week. Hopefully, by the time this gets published, our flights will be booked. AHEM, KatwalkSF.
- Lose 10% body fat ( I will get into this more later).
- Run a half-marathon since my last one was canceled.
- Take a real vacation. Sure, I take tons of vacations, but bloggers are always “on.” It is my dream to go away for a few days and not worry about engagement, Instagram, or emails. I haven’t had a day off in years.
- Volunteer more. I donate a lot to charity, but I think there is really something to say for people who donate time and get involved as well.
- Go to Portugal — I am DYING to go.
- Attend a Christmas Market.
- 49ers back in the playoffs – technically this has nothing to do with me and would be in 2019 — BUT I think it will happen.
- Sign with an agency. This was a 2017 goal that we didn’t hit — so I want to work my ass off to make this happen in 2018.
- Add more video content. We are really trying to build up our YouTube — right now it’s pretty pathetic. But I have been working on with Alvin on changing this. More to come soon!
Thank you, Chicago Helicopter Experience for inspiring me to truly live my best life! Happy New Year everyone — see ya next year!